I never believed in love at first sight, until I laid my on eyes on this jacket. I was on the hunt for a wool coat that was classic but still unique, and I found it at Zadig and Voltaire. If you’re not big into fashion brands, you may not have heard of it before. Zadig is a french contemporary brand, with trendy and edgy designs inspired by a Parisian lifestyle. If you live in Toronto, pop by the new boutique at Yorkdale mall, major modern vibessss. Back to the coat, the sliver foiling and buttons are what really got me, and I love olive because it really is an all year round colour. I paired the jacket with a cozy Belstaff sweater, J Brand Jeans, brown Sam Edelman booties and a Goyard Bag. Links to everything below.
Zadig and Voltaire Karne Coat (it’s like half price nbd)
Belstaff Katriona Sweater
J Brand Alana Crop (similar)
Goyard – not available online
Not sure if you guys know, but there is nothing I love more than a soft sweater dress. And this one right here feels like the best thing I’ve ever worn. It’s a cashmere turtleneck dress by Equipment, this one is nice cause it’s so simple and versatile. You can style it however you like, dress it up or dress it down. I threw on some fishnet tights, an Alexander McQueen scarf, and sock booties from Zara. Link to the products below. 🙂
Alexander McQueen Scarf
Designers never include care instructions for their shoes, which creates a problem for those of us that can’t afford to not take good care of our expensive shoes! These tips and tricks will ensure you’re able to pass those Valentinos down to your daughter.
- Expensive shoes tend to come with leather soles. Though it looks great, leather can be worn down very easily especially on surfaces that aren’t carpet. Find a good shoe repair shop and get them to resole your shoes with rubber. This will prevent major wear and tear, because leather soles can be damaged up to the point of no return.
ps. in the case of Louboutins, you should 100% get them resoled as the red paint tend to chip with the first wear. Don’t worry, you can ask the shoemaker for a red rubber sole!
- If you’re planning on not wearing a certain pair for a while, make sure you store them with care! They should be cleaned and properly conditioned before storage. Also stuff the shoe and the box with tissue or newspaper, as it’ll maintain the shape of the shoe and iron out wrinkles or dents.
- This one sounds like common sense but you’d be surprised. If you have a dog, keep your shoes on a shelf they can’t reach, and preferably in a box. Somehow they also have expensive taste in shoes, and you probably don’t want a chewed pair of Loubs.
- Unfortunately, we don’t all have a Mr. Big to build us a shoe closet like Carrie Bradshaws. So it’s important to maintain the climate you store your shoes, as it makes a big difference. This might sound weird, but you shouldn’t keep them in a really dry atmosphere, or a moist one either, as over time they will build mold. The best place is to keep them is in your closet, because they will be kept in room temperature.
- You know those shoe products salespeople always try to throw at you while you’re at the cash register? And we always politely decline… well turns out they are right. Water and stain proof sprays are essential in the longevity of your shoes. Spending an extra $20 will help protect your shoes and keep them looking new for years!
I view designer shoes as an investment, if you keep them in good condition they’ll not only last forever but you could always resell them for a great price.
It’s september… which means it’s officially (unofficially) fall. How did we get here??? I feel like it was just spring and now we have to start wearing coats again (how depressing). The most, and basically only, exciting thing about fall is the fashion, there’s so many looks you can create and this years trends are taking it back 90’s style!
Defintely the stand-out print of the season, designers couldn’t get enough of tartan on the FW17 runways. Anything from mini skirts, to coats to dresses, as if you could go wrong with this Clueless inspired look 😉
2. White Shoes
You can put your black shoes back in the closet, this fall it’s all about the white shoe. The idea is to add a bit of brightness to an otherwise dark fall wardrobe. But remember to keep them in good condition as they can be worn all year round.
3. Wrap Dress
By now I’m sure you’ve noticed this is the IT dress of the year, with every blogger rockin’ this look. Take this trend into fall by wearing it with a cute pair of booties or thigh high boots. Wrap dresses were reinvented by DVF and went on to become the signature dress of her collections, but this year a brand called Realisation Par gave the wrap dress a new younger identity and it became much more than just office wear.
Ditch your classic LBD, it’s all about the power suit this season. Notably on every FW runway, this look will make you feel like a boss ass bitch. Inspired by none other than Hillary Clinton herself. No pants, no problem – if you’re feeling a little more sexy, go for the blazer dress, just make sure to wear some kickass shoes.
5. Mini Skirt
The miniskirt is back and better. The ultra-feminine style can be worn in leather, suede, or denim, print or solid, with boots or sneakers. Since this look shows a lot of leg, do something less revealing on top, like a chunky knit or turtleneck.
I had always heard stories about how crazy Vegas is and we’ve all heard the sayings “what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas” “Sin city” blah blah, but I always thought people were just over exaggerating, until I actually went there…
We stayed at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, which is one of the newer hotels. Now this was my first time there so I have nothing to compare it to, but I LOVED this hotel. The rooms were amazing and spacious, the view was something else, and the service was on point. Walking from one end of the hotel to the other is like a marathon, that’s how big it is – so you can only imagine how many people you meet. The pools were the best part, you would never want to leave (refer to pic below). All in all I would rate it a 10/10, defssss recommend. The daytime pool parties are fun too, especially when you go with a good group of people. Although getting ready for them is usually a bit difficult since you’re probably hungover from the night before LOL.
Club-wise, it really depends what type of music you’re into. The two biggest clubs are Omnia and Hakkasan, which have house DJs such as Calvin Harris . Our group really only listens to hip hop music, so we went to Tao, Hyde and 1Oak. Tao is huge and a total Vegas vibe, had an amazing time there. Hyde has an insane view of the strip from the Bellagio.. I’ve never had such a cool view while partying haha. 1Oak was fun but nothing special or really “Vegas” about it. Almost everything is walking distance from each other BUT if you’re wearing heels I would defintely take a cab, especially after the club LOL.
Food-wise, we really only ate at the restaurants inside the Cosmo because we were too lazy and hungover to walk anywhere else. You must try: Beauty and Essex, Eggslut, The Secret Pizza and my favourite The Wicked Spoon, which is a buffet that has the best food I’ve EVER eaten in my entire life.. like I didn’t realize guacamole could taste THAT good 😐 It’s been hard to eat after experiencing that. Overall, I slept a total of maybe 5 hours and wish I could go back and not sleep at all because it was that much fun. Click on pics for outfit and swim deets.
Dress by AQAQ
The view from Hyde Nightclub!!!! Dress by Likely NYC
Dress by PrettyLittleThing
Headband from Zara, swimsuit by Tea You
Swimsuit by Pretty Little Thing
ps. what happens in Vegas doesn’t always stay there 😉
If you follow fashion bloggers I’m sure by now you’ve noticed this sudden trend of orange/yellow. There’s a few different shades of these colours going around, often called the “mango trend”. And I’m totally obsessed with it. Mostly because it looks amazing on tan skin, so I reckon it won’t be as big come winter time. But for now I’m embracing this pop of colour and you should too!
Another trend for Fall 17, is the reversed cuff on jeans. This pair I tried on was by Frame and I didn’t think I would like it but actually found them really cute. It’s a nice change from a basic blue jean, because it gives a dramatic rolled up effect to them.
Frame jeans available here
Topshop top available here
I’ve come to the conclusion that coming back to reality after a vacation is one of the worst feelings ever… Why can’t I just live an island with palm trees and margaritas 😦
As you can tell by my depression I just got back from the tropics – which is my new fave word btw – and I thought I’d share my experience with you guys.
It’s my second time travelling to Cabo, and I have to say out of all the resorty places I’ve been to it’s probably my favourite. I know Mexico gets a bad rep for being dangerous but Cabo is a such a small city and the people are so kind, you don’t get a scary vibe at all. If you ever plan on a trip to Cabo, here are some tips:
- The first time I stayed at the Riu Palace, and although the hotel was gorgeous, food was delicious, the crowd was a lot older. This time we stayed at the Riu Santa Fe, which is right next door, the hotel isn’t as nice and the food isn’t as good but we had way more fun and made so many new friends. Side note: if you stay at the Palace you can use the facilities of the Santa Fe, but not the other way around. If you’re picky about food and want a nicer hotel, I would stay at the Palace and just hang out at the Santa Fe. Which I regret not doing and will do next time.
- There is an entertainment district which has several clubs you can hop in and out of without paying cover!!! The music was mostly top 40 and house and the drinks are quite pricey.
- You can’t swim in the ocean. I mean technically you can, if you’re okay with sharks, undertow and dying and stuff. I’m actually a pretty good swimmer but still not tryna die so I only went knee deep. In other words, if one of your requirements of a holiday is a swimmable ocean, I would go elsewhere – although the view is stunning.Now for the most important part… outfits and swimsuits!!! Click on the pics below for more info.
Mink Pink Swim Top/Mink Pink Bottoms
DVF Romper – not available anymore
UO Crop top / AE Embroidered Shorts – not available anymore
Oh Polly Bikini
Nicole Miller Romper