I never believed in love at first sight, until I laid my on eyes on this jacket. I was on the hunt for a wool coat that was classic but still unique, and I found it at Zadig and Voltaire. If you’re not big into fashion brands, you may not have heard of it before. Zadig is a french contemporary brand, with trendy and edgy designs inspired by a Parisian lifestyle. If you live in Toronto, pop by the new boutique at Yorkdale mall, major modern vibessss. Back to the coat, the sliver foiling and buttons are what really got me, and I love olive because it really is an all year round colour. I paired the jacket with a cozy Belstaff sweater, J Brand Jeans, brown Sam Edelman booties and a Goyard Bag. Links to everything below.
Zadig and Voltaire Karne Coat (it’s like half price nbd)
Belstaff Katriona Sweater
J Brand Alana Crop (similar)
Goyard – not available online
Not sure if you guys know, but there is nothing I love more than a soft sweater dress. And this one right here feels like the best thing I’ve ever worn. It’s a cashmere turtleneck dress by Equipment, this one is nice cause it’s so simple and versatile. You can style it however you like, dress it up or dress it down. I threw on some fishnet tights, an Alexander McQueen scarf, and sock booties from Zara. Link to the products below. 🙂
Alexander McQueen Scarf
Is anyone else stuck in this realm of not wanting to wear heavy foundation on a daily basis but also wanting your skin to look even and smooth? Well I found the solution to your problem 😀
I have to be honest, I never really believed in “tinted moisturizers” solely because they never have good coverage and usually disappear off your face in a couple of hours. And who wants a face product they can’t trust??? Ain’t nobody tryna look patchy…. So believe me when I say I have found the perfect tinted moisturizer, because I don’t take this lightly LOL.
Shoutout to NARS, for creating this product because it has now become my go-to for everyday makeup. Let me tell you why…
- The coverage is AMAZING, it feels more like a sheer coverage foundation in my opinion, just because of how well it evens out the skin tone while still managing to look like you’re not wearing any makeup. Apply it with a beauty blender for a more natural look, or with your fingers if you want more coverage.
- It comes in two variations, for dry and oily skin. If you have dry skin, go for the Pure Radiant version, if you’re more on the oily side go for the Velvet Matte.
- It will honestly last on your skin ALL DAY!!! On days when I’m working I wear it for a good 12 hours, and it has not oxidized or become patchy. But I do recommend setting it with a powder just to make sure it doesn’t move.
A few things I want to add. One, if you have acne or scarring to cover up then this might not work for you. This is more for the person with light blemishes and relatively clear skin. Two, the price tag is quite steep at $55CAD a pop, but if you’re willing to spend then it is worth it!
Designers never include care instructions for their shoes, which creates a problem for those of us that can’t afford to not take good care of our expensive shoes! These tips and tricks will ensure you’re able to pass those Valentinos down to your daughter.
- Expensive shoes tend to come with leather soles. Though it looks great, leather can be worn down very easily especially on surfaces that aren’t carpet. Find a good shoe repair shop and get them to resole your shoes with rubber. This will prevent major wear and tear, because leather soles can be damaged up to the point of no return.
ps. in the case of Louboutins, you should 100% get them resoled as the red paint tend to chip with the first wear. Don’t worry, you can ask the shoemaker for a red rubber sole!
- If you’re planning on not wearing a certain pair for a while, make sure you store them with care! They should be cleaned and properly conditioned before storage. Also stuff the shoe and the box with tissue or newspaper, as it’ll maintain the shape of the shoe and iron out wrinkles or dents.
- This one sounds like common sense but you’d be surprised. If you have a dog, keep your shoes on a shelf they can’t reach, and preferably in a box. Somehow they also have expensive taste in shoes, and you probably don’t want a chewed pair of Loubs.
- Unfortunately, we don’t all have a Mr. Big to build us a shoe closet like Carrie Bradshaws. So it’s important to maintain the climate you store your shoes, as it makes a big difference. This might sound weird, but you shouldn’t keep them in a really dry atmosphere, or a moist one either, as over time they will build mold. The best place is to keep them is in your closet, because they will be kept in room temperature.
- You know those shoe products salespeople always try to throw at you while you’re at the cash register? And we always politely decline… well turns out they are right. Water and stain proof sprays are essential in the longevity of your shoes. Spending an extra $20 will help protect your shoes and keep them looking new for years!
I view designer shoes as an investment, if you keep them in good condition they’ll not only last forever but you could always resell them for a great price.
If you’re one of the few people to be blessed with naturally straight sleek hair then you must’ve been a really good person in a past life. My fellow curly haired girls understand the struggle of having to straighten your hair on a daily basis. I’m always looking for a products to make doing my hair require less time and energy, so when I found this “straightening brush” on the Sephora website I thought it was worth a shot. The description claims it is good for any type of hair, and includes these key benefits: tames flyaways while straightening, preserves hair and increases shine by locking in moisture
and cuts down on styling time.
Keeping all this in mind and praying it would do as it said, I put the brush to the test..
Because the brush has a wider flat surface compared to a hair iron, it does make the process faster, cutting 1/3 of the time. The negative downside to that is that because the brush is only applying heat to one side of your hair, it does not give you as silky of a finish compared to an iron. So I really didn’t end of saving much time cause I had to go over my hair with an iron.
Using the brush is less damaging, again because you’re not squishing your hair between two hot plates. In my case, because I have such curly and have to go over again with an iron, this makes no difference. But if you have wavy hair and just want a quick easy straight look, you’d probably prefer using the brush.
I can defintely say it does NOT increase shine. I put Moroccan oil all over my hair before straightening it, but I felt like my hair still had frizz to it after I was done with the brush. It gives more of a blow-dry feel and look. Although, it did a good job with taming my flyaways!
Overall, I was disappointed with the product as it didn’t deliver the silky smooth hair it claimed it would. It has received positive reviews, so you could have a different experience based on your type. But I’ll be sticking to my good ol’ reliable hair straightener! Here’s the link if you want more info on it.
If you’ve ever wondered why my hair is so big, it’s cause it’s full of beauty hacks. LOL. These little tricks have made my life a little easier, so I thought I’d share.. hope it helps
- Makeup stains
If you take off your shirt and accidentally smudge your makeup on the collar, just put a few drops of shaving cream on the spot to pretreat it before throwing it in the wash.
- Curling your lashes
Heat your eyelash curler with a blow dryer for about 30 seconds, as blowing hot air on your eyelash curler will help your lashes curl easier and stay curled longer. It works the same way as when your hair holds a curl with a curling iron; heat changes the pattern of your hair. But wait until it cools slightly but is still warm before applying it, since you probably don’t wanna burn your lashes off LOL.
- Sharp eyeliner
If you’re one of those people who is terrible at getting their liquid liner to look even, place the edge of a piece of tape in line with your bottom lash line and angle the top toward the end of your eyebrow. And follow the line of the tape for perfect eyeliner (this can also be used for achieving that cut crease eyeshadow look).
- Controlling flyaways
If you’re like me and have major fly aways in your hair, spray hairspray on a cheap toothbrush (obviously not the one you use for your actual teeth…) and brush down the little hairs. This will keep them in place all day! You can also use the same technique on your eyebrows, instead of using a brow gel.
- Oily hair
It’s a well known fact that washing your hair every day is damaging, so what is one with oily hair supposed to do? Add 3 tablespoons of salt to your bottle of shampoo, and it’ll keep your roots clean for longer.
- No more shaving cream
Your days of buying shaving cream are over. Instead use hair conditioner over the areas you want to shave and then go in with your razor. I can promise you will literally have the softest smoothest legs ever. Thank me later.
- Sniff worthy hair
Take your favourite perfume and spray it on a hair brush, then brush it through your hair a few times. The smell will last much longer than spritzing it on your skin, plus your hair will smell amazing.
- Make your own lip plumper
Instead of dishing out $40 bucks for a lip plumper, buy a little bottle of peppermint oil and mix it with lip gloss to give the same plumping effect.
Last night, I got the chance to attend a charity event for an amazing cause by an organization called Artbound. Their purpose is to provide funding to art programs in Canada and all over the world, such as Kenya and India among others. They have several ongoing programs in which their currently raising money for, which you can learn more about here.
There were so many great performances from aspiring artists and musicians, not to mention delicious food and drinks. Thanks to Artbound for inviting me!
I wore this amazing jumpsuit by DVF that I’ve had in my closet for almost a year, just dying to wear it haha.